Accessibility Statement for United Atlantic Insurance Group Website
United Atlantic Insurance Group is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
United Atlantic Insurance Group takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of United Atlantic Insurance Group Website:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Appoint an accessibility officer and/or ombudsperson.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
- Subscribe to Dinolytics, a WCAG 2.1 AA automated website scan tool to ensure technical compliance.
- Hire outside consultants to manually scan our site to uncover elements not discovered by the Dinolytics tool as well as to provide additional recommendations for greater compliance.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) (NoFollow, New Window Link: https://www.w3.org/WAI/standards-guidelines/wcag/) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. The Key West Destination Planning Website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of The United Atlantic Insurance Group Website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on The United Atlantic Insurance Group Website:
- E-mail: Developer@osowebproductions.com
We try to respond to feedback within Normal response time is one business day. Over weekends, vacations, and holidays may be longer response time.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
The United Atlantic Insurance Group Website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- The latest versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer and Edge, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox are all compatible browsers.
Accessibility of The United Atlantic Insurance Group Website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Oso Web Productions assessed the accessibility of The United Atlantic Insurance Group Website by the following approaches:
- External evaluation
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
Oso Web Productions
We aim to respond to accessibility feedback within 2 business days and to propose a solution within 10 business days. You are entitled to escalate a complaint to Oso Web Productions, should you be dissatisfied with our response to you.
Optimize the way you view your web browser. If you have difficulty in reading The United Atlantic Insurance Group website on your screen, you may be able to change the settings on your browser to help you improve readability and visibility of each webpage:
Learn about the Accessibility features of these major Internet Browsers below:
- Mozilla Firefox : Mozilla Firefox Accessibility Features
- Google Chrome : Google Accessibility Features
- Internet Explorer : Microsoft Internet Explorer Ease of Access Options
- Apple Safari: Apple Accessibility Support
Destination Planning Website Accessibility Features
The United Atlantic Insurance Group website is designed to be fully accessible to all and is designed according to W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 and conforms to most priority checkpoints which entail some of the following elements:
Our destination website can be navigated by using the tab key to traverse the elements of each page and by using the enter key to activate a highlighted link.
Structured, Semantic Markup
HTML heading tags are used to convey the document structure. Navigation menus are tagged as HTML maps so that the menu title can be read out, and the menu items are presented as a group. Please see our Site Map for easy navigation at: unitedatlanticinsurance.com/sitemap
All content images include descriptive ALT attributes and all purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
The site is designed to conform to Level AA compliance as specified by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. All pages validate as XHTML 1.0 and use structured semantic markup.
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1,which explains the reasons behind each guideline.
- Section 508,Information and news about the accessibility standards introduced by Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Accessibility Software and Services
The following tools and services are available for free to assist you with viewing and interacting with our website:
- HTML Validator, a free service for checking that web pages conform to published HTML standards.
- Web Page Backward Compatibility Viewer, a tool for viewing your web pages without a variety of modern browser features.
- Lynx, a free text-only web browser.